Can outsourcing travel bookings save money?
It sounds counter intuitive, right? To pay a company of travel experts to book your business travel trips, rather than have your office manager or PA book instead.
That’s what one client asked us during the early phases of our partnership. So we put it to the test, using some of the client’s pains as a starting point, and auditing where they could be more efficient.
Can booking through a travel management company save money? Let’s see.
For this particular client, booking for 1 year with Corporate Traveller would result in:
Problem: Lots of admin for internal team
Solution: Let a travel expert do it!
- £300k financial savings – equivalent to 8.5 full time staff members!
- Your existing staff will get time back in their day to focus on other tasks.
- Less stress for everyone.
Problem: Outdated, manual processes
Solution: Self-service portal for travel requests, automated invoice entry with coding, automated approval email trigger to request travel approval
- Time saved for everyone, from your finance team to the travellers themselves, and approvers.
- Fewer financial mistakes for invoices being missed or trips not approved in time.
Problem: Inconsistency in process across regions
Solution: New, consistent process in all regions, including one company-approved travel management company.
- One process to adhere to and communicate = quicker understanding and time freed up.
- With everyone booking with one company, view all company travel spend and budget in one place.
Problem: Missed information from invoices
Solution: Configure online tool to set up mandatory fields before trips are booked.
- If bookings are all made through the same channel consistently, the team can quickly see travel spend per reason code.